Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
A character in the game is called Marquis de Singe ,
a pun on Marquis de Sade. In addition
singeis French for
- The shrine in the International House of Mojo is dedicated to Nor Treblig. Spell it backward and you have "Ron Gilbert," the creator of the series.
- Originally a puzzle was to be set inside Club 41, but was dropped because of WiiWare's 40 megabyte download restrictions. Hence the name Club 41 -- the club puzzle would have pushed the size over to 41 megabytes.
- The plant on Elaine's ship is Chuck the Plant, from Maniac Mansion and various other old LEC games.
- Keep examining the rowboat on Flotsam Island, and the description of it will change.
- Guybrush asks D'Oro if he can call him "D'Oro the Explorer," a reference to the Nickelodeon cartoon, Dora the Explorer.
- Make a wish at the well in the woods, and Guybrush is turned into the "greatest pirate of all time" -- LeChuck.
Show the pirate hunter flier to Nipperkin, and he will say Morgan LeFlay has been described as both
red bearded giant and a midget with a peg-leg.That would be references to Curse of Monkey Island's Haggis McMutton and Cutthroat Bill.
- Furthermore, show the flier to the Voodoo Lady and you will get a premonition of things to come.
- Read all the book titles in the International House of Mojo, and some of the titles will be ones suggested by Telltale forum users.
- When trying to enter the House of Mojo, Guybrush will say "i've heard from a reliable source that the 'BIRD' is the word." This is a reference to the Trashmen song, "Surfin' Bird."
- Look at skull in the House of Mojo and Guybrush will ask if it's Murray.
- The U-Tube is, of course, a reference to YouTube.
- Examine the Flotsam jail, and Guybrush will compare it to the Melee Island jail.
- Originally, Adam Harrington voiced LeChuck. Earl Boen came on board during episode 4, and later re-recorded the non-human LeChuck parts from earlier episodes.
The Siege of Spinner Cay
- The tune Guybrush whistles while the mast of his ship is replaced is the Largo LaGrande theme from LeChuck's Revenge
- The designers toyed with the idea of having Guybrush be able to switch his hook out with various inventory items.
- Guybrush can try to take off LeChuck's (nonexistent) mask, just like in LeChuck's Revenge.
My possibly dead mother could shoot a cannon better than you can!is a reference to his possibly dead parents from LeChuck's Revenge.
In the library you can find
A City of Two Tails, a play on Dickens's
A Tale of Two Cities. There's also
The Old Man and the Seagull, a play on Hemingway's
The Old Man and the Sea.
- Brillig Island's rubber tree follows the rubber tree tradition from Secret of Monkey Island and Curse of Monkey Island.
When you place the locket in the manatee
A Pirate I Was Meant to Befrom Curse of Monkey Island plays.
Lair of the Leviathan
- Winslow's story of finding a seahorse's head in Guybrush's bed is a reference to the horse's head found in a bed in The Godfather.
Copyright © 1996-2021 The Monkey Island SCUMM Bar. All rights reserved. No part of this web page may be reproduced in any way.